Author Archives: Carol Jenkins
Flat irons are mostly used for straightening the hair of women with curly and frizzy hair, but hairstylist found a way to use the flat iron for the exact opposite, which is creating volume. Therefore, you can use a flat iron even if you don’t have curly hair but you want to obtain voluptuous hair. How can you do that? You will find out in the lines below.
- Flat irons have two plates that can be wider or narrower, depending on how you choose them to be. It’s best that you use a flat iron with ceramic plates infused with tourmaline, which is the best version that takes good care of your hair and makes it look shiny as it doesn’t dry it. Avoid using metallic plates that burn the hair and dry it out, making it look frizzy and unhealthy.
- A great way to create hair volume using a flat iron is to create a sort of a wavy hair that has more body at the roots. Considering that the volume is mostly concentrated at the roots of the hair, avoid straightening it and making it look flat at the top. It’s best to gather your top area hair into a bun and to start your way from the back of the head to the front.
- The method is rather easy and it’s similar to making curls only that you will start with the roots. Grab a strain of hair and put the flat iron near the root then slightly rotate the flat iron to create a small loop. Keep the iron on the hair for a few seconds then spray the roots with a strong hairspray. Do this with the rest of the hair so all the roots will be sort of curled. Lightly tease the roots with a teasing comb that will make them maintain a firm shape.
- Not only the roots are important, but the ends of the hair as well because if you know how to arrange your hair, you can make it look like it has more volume. Arranging the ends also implies using the flat iron and the method is as easy as pumping your roots. Glide the flat iron down the strains of hair and when you reach to the ends, easily flip them towards your face. This will add more texture and body to your hair and your face will be framed in a more pleasant way.
Applying lash extensions is the easiest and fastest way to achieve long and curved eyelashes, but how beneficial is this method to your natural lashes? With each application of false lashes, your natural ones are damaged and it will eventually result in losing them. Therefore, although it might seem tempting to resort to the long and voluptuous false lashes, it’s best that you try to enhance your lashes naturally. You can buy a top selling eyelash growth serum or you can make your own lash enhancing serum.
- Castor oil is the most effective ingredient known to encourage the growth of natural lashes. It has been used in making many top selling eyelash growth serum products that promote the growth of new lashes and prevent weak lashes from falling. You can find castor oil in natural products stores and all you have to do is apply it o the roots of your natural lashes every night before going to bed. Within a few weeks, you will start seeing results in stronger and longer natural lashes.
- Almond oil also works in making your lashes grow bigger naturally due to its nourishing properties that help the hair grow stronger. For the best effects, heat some almond oil in a spoon and apply it to a cotton disc that you put over your eyes. Let the discs sit for a few minutes so the almond oil will penetrate the lashes’ roots. Although not as fast in results as the castor oil, almond oil is a natural lash enhancer that is worth the effort. For the ultimate efficiency, you can make a lash growth serum using the two types of oil and apply the serum using a clean mascara wand so it will reach deep into the roots of your lashes.
- Aloe vera gel is a miraculous ingredient with high efficiency in nourishing your lashes and making them stronger, longer, and thicker. Its healing properties allow it to penetrate the structure of the hair and make it stronger from the inside. The many vitamins it contains help the lashes become less fragile and less prone to falling if you apply aloe vera gel regularly on the base of your lashes.
- Vitamins are beneficial to your lashes as they encourage them to grow thicker and stronger. In case your body doesn’t have the necessary amounts of vitamins to support the growth of your lashes, you can find in pharmacies vitamin A and E ampules that you can apply to the roots of your lashes. Make sure not to get them in your eyes and massage the roots so the vitamins will get inside them. Add the vitamins to the lash growth serum made of castor and almond oil for the best results.
Your skin is your most valuable beauty asset and you must take good care of it if you want to keep it healthy and beautiful. Sensitive skin requires even more care, especially in the cold season when it’s affected by the low temperatures and the powerful wind. Here are some secrets that can help you protect your sensitive skin in the cold season.
You are certainly using a heating system at home to increase the air temperature but what you don’t know is that you shouldn’t expose your sensitive skin to very high temperatures because this way you will completely dry it. Keep the inside temperatures to a maximum 78 degrees Fahrenheit if you want to preserve the natural hydration and oils of your skin. Avoid keeping your hands, feet, and face in front of the fireplace for too long to avoid making the skin feel itchy.
Most heating systems dry the air by lowering its humidity level. This seriously affects your skin because it can no longer get humidity from the air which leads to dry, cracked, and sensitive skin. In order to restore your skin’s moisture, you must add moisture to the air and the best way to do that is to use an air humidifier. This device releases either cold or warm water vapors into the air so you will feel more comfortable during the cold season.
Protect from sun
Although it’s not as hot as in summer, the winter sun can also damage your skin when you go out, so make sure you use a solar protection factor cream when you leave home. It’s true that the factor can be lower than in summer and even a 5 SPF cream will work. Apply the cream on your face, your hands, and neck as these are the ones that get exposed in winter.
Protect from wind
The wind in winter is your skin’s worst enemy because it dries and hurts it every time you go out. This is why you should always wear gloves in winter especially if you have sensitive hand skin and you must protect your face with a soft scarf.
Moisturizing your skin is an essential beauty secret that makes sure your skin stays healthy and beautiful during the cold season. You may be tempted to think that your skin doesn’t need as much moisturizing as in summer but, in fact, you should apply a body lotion to your skin every day, especially after you shower. This way, you will restore the hydration your skin loses because of the cold.
Getting a man a gift is not very easy since the options are quite limited. But if the man in cause is a stylish person who is passionate about fashion and loves to always look like taken out of the box, you can always resort to stylish and fashionable gift ideas. We made a selection of the best ones you can choose for a modern man.
- A classy man will always appreciate a pair of elegant cuff links that will beautify their office outfit or will make them shine at a party. Choose a designer pair of cuff links like these gorgeous ones from Louis Vuitton, and impress your fashionable man.
- The aviator glasses have been in style for many years now and they seem to stay in style for many years to come, so a pair of these stylish glasses will make an excellent choice for a fashionable gift. The most popular ones are the Ray Bans and you can’t fail with a classic version with mirror lens.
- Suit pajamas seem to become a favorite garment for men who like to look good at all times, even when they go to bed. Made of the finest silk, these pajamas are similar to the elegant suits men wear at work and offer them a glamorous aspect even when they are at home.
- For the man who prefers a more casual outfit, a quality cashmere hoodie like this one from Bergano Gray is the perfect gift that will help him look stylish. It’s soft, comfortable, extremely versatile, and the best part is that you can wear it too.
- If your man loves to take good care of his look, you can help him always look perfect if you buy him an electric shaver. You can learn about the best shavers of the moment from the electricshavers.reviews site which features a lot of helpful reviews. Or, if you don’t feel like doing the research, you can count on our recommendation. The Philips Norelco 6400 looks like a high-tech gadget and works like one. It can cut the beard to perfection leaving the skin soft and smooth for a very long time.
- Men scarves are practical, versatile, and can make a great gift for a fashionable man who likes to dress in style. The Burberry scarf is never out of style as it is reinvented with every season, so it will be the perfect gift for his birthday or for Christmas.
- Any man who knows something about fashion will appreciate a Fossil watch because it’s one of the most quality and stylish brands that offers a wide range of models. You can choose anything from office to casual to sports and your gift will surely be inspired.
Every woman wants to look thinner but for some seems to be impossible to lose weight, regardless their efforts. Luckily for them, fashion has its secret that not only beautifies a woman’s aspect but it also helps them mask several flaws including a few extra pounds. Here are the most effective fashion secrets that can help you look thinner in only minutes.
Wear remodeling underwear
From regular women to celebrities on the red carpet, many women resort to the help of shapewear, a stretchy type of clothing that thins the body while making your thighs, buttocks and breasts look firmer. The elastic fabrics keep your extra pounds under control, avoid bumps that would stick out from underneath tight clothes, and help you achieve a slimmer figure fast and easy.
Every woman knows that black can thin their figure due to its ability to create the illusion of a slimmer body. An all-black outfit can make you look slimmer, but other dark hues also work, The key is to avoid pale shades that add size to your body.
Wear high waists
Whether it’s a pair of jeans with a high waist or a pencil skirt you wear over your blouse, these clothes can help you look thinner. The secret is they lengthen your legs, thus adding you height that balances the width.
Wear clothes that fit you perfectly
If you believe that wearing large clothes that don’t follow your body curves will make you look thinner, you couldn’t be more wrong. Actually, a jacket that doesn’t match your shoulders or has very long sleeves can add you more pounds instead of taking, so you should never wear that. Also, avoid clothes that are too tight and highlight every layer of extra fat on your body. Instead, wear clothes that fit your body perfectly even if you are more voluptuous.
Wear vertical stripes
If horizontal stripes should be avoided by fluffy women because they tend to increase their body size, the vertical ones can have the exact opposite effect. A suit in vertical stripes can help you achieve an overall thinner figure while a skirt can minimize your lower body part. And considering that vertical stripes are back in fashion this season, you should invest in one garment that will visibly make you thinner.
Wear high heels
High heels make your legs look slimmer and longer so don’t hesitate to complete your outfit with a pair of high heel shoes with a sharp point. Avoid bulky square points that will make your legs look shorter.