Flat irons are mostly used for straightening the hair of women with curly and frizzy hair, but hairstylist found a way to use the flat iron for the exact opposite, which is creating volume. Therefore, you can use a flat iron even if you don’t have curly hair but you want to obtain voluptuous hair. How can you do that? You will find out in the lines below.
- Flat irons have two plates that can be wider or narrower, depending on how you choose them to be. It’s best that you use a flat iron with ceramic plates infused with tourmaline, which is the best version that takes good care of your hair and makes it look shiny as it doesn’t dry it. Avoid using metallic plates that burn the hair and dry it out, making it look frizzy and unhealthy.
- A great way to create hair volume using a flat iron is to create a sort of a wavy hair that has more body at the roots. Considering that the volume is mostly concentrated at the roots of the hair, avoid straightening it and making it look flat at the top. It’s best to gather your top area hair into a bun and to start your way from the back of the head to the front.
- The method is rather easy and it’s similar to making curls only that you will start with the roots. Grab a strain of hair and put the flat iron near the root then slightly rotate the flat iron to create a small loop. Keep the iron on the hair for a few seconds then spray the roots with a strong hairspray. Do this with the rest of the hair so all the roots will be sort of curled. Lightly tease the roots with a teasing comb that will make them maintain a firm shape.
- Not only the roots are important, but the ends of the hair as well because if you know how to arrange your hair, you can make it look like it has more volume. Arranging the ends also implies using the flat iron and the method is as easy as pumping your roots. Glide the flat iron down the strains of hair and when you reach to the ends, easily flip them towards your face. This will add more texture and body to your hair and your face will be framed in a more pleasant way.
The sauna bath is more than just a space for cleaning the body, it was seen as a ritual in which the basic elements were used for purification purposes. One might even say it was the first form of Spa, combining facilities such as hydrotherapy, massage and beauty treatments. If we think, even today saunas are used primarily for the purpose of inducing relaxation and promoting well-being. Read this article, to learn more about the health and beauty benefits of sauna baths.
It strengthens the immune system and prevent colds
Thanks to the heat and humidity from the air, the dry sauna is intended to facilitate certain processes in the body, such as the synthesis of antibodies and destroy bacteria and viruses, since pathogenic microorganisms can not withstand high temperatures in the sauna. Thus you will be able to strengthen the immune system, preventing colds in the first place, without taking medications or other treatments.
Sauna is equivalent to a cardio workout
During the sauna session, the body undergoes changes of the respiratory system equivalent to those during cardio. Sauna increases heart rate, dilates arteries, lowers blood pressure and so on. Thanks to the heat your heart rate will accelerate, dilating the blood vessels, leading to a noticeable improvement in blood flow. All these conditions that occur can accelerate your metabolism.
It improves the respiratory function
Sauna, releasing hot air and humidity dilates the pulmonary capillaries, enhances breathing and therefore the supply of oxygen that enters the bloodstream and reaches the tissues, maintaining an optimum humidity in the lungs.
Effects on the skin
Sauna oxygenates the body, the blood in the skin, rejuvenating it and it stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss. It also accelerates nail growth and keeps your skin hydrated. Sauna helps eliminate dust particles absorbed by our pores, and the peeling dead skin cells that will peel more easily. Due to the very high temperatures, while using the sauna, you can detoxify the body through intense sweating. The sauna can also make treatments for skin more efficient and allows you to apply different masks in a more efficient manner because the heat helps the absorption of creams and increases their efficiency.
You can relax completely
Physical and mental relaxation is a benefit of the sauna bath. You can easily get rid of stress and relax during a sauna bath session. The heat can relax muscles and therefore the sauna is particularly recommended after an intensive workout (fitness, dance, tae-bo, etc.). Then followed by a massage can do wonders on the entire body.
Low humidity can cause dry eyes, sore throat, feeling cold despite sufficient room temperature while high humidity can cause breathing problems and trouble adjusting to high temperatures. If you want to find out which is the perfect level of humidity for your skin and hair, read the following article.
What is the recommended room humidity?
The recommended room humidity is 30-60%, but a comfortable humidity that can provide great benefits for our skin and overall health is between 40-60%. In winter, however, is almost impossible to maintain more than 30% moisture in your house because the additional water from the air tends to condense on any cold surface, producing extra moisture.
Know that moisture can be controlled
There are many solutions to help you keep a healthy level of humidity and to help get rid of moisture. There are plenty of dehumidifier and humidifier models and each have their advantages. Beside using a dehumidifier or humidifier you can use a hygrometer to monitor the humidity level in the house.
Mold spores thrive in humid environments
One study found that the population of allergens stops growing when relative humidity drops below 60%. Air conditioning decreases as ambient temperature and relative humidity kills airborne allergens. Mold grows in damp conditions, when relative humidity is greater than 80% ;that is the ideal environment for mold growth. Its spores are known to be the cause of asthma development in children and the leading cause in the development of allergies.
Use a dehumidifier to get rid of mold
Moisture is very important for our health and a normal level of moisture is necessary for our comfort but too much moisture can cause us a lot of negative effects. Microorganisms that thrive in wet conditions are of special concern because they can aggravate asthmatic conditions. To prevent having problems due to high humidity, use a dehumidifier. A good quality dehumidifier can extract the extra moisture from the air and keep mold and mildew at bay. The best part about having a dehumidifier installed in your house is that you are in full control of the level of humidity inside, as you can adjust the humidity level to your preference.
Get a humidifier if you want to have perfect skin and hair
Low humidity can have unpleasant effects such as dry and itchy skin, chapped lips and dry/coarse hair. Eye redness, shortness of breath and irritated sinuses are also problems caused by dry air. Consider using a humidifier to raise the humidity in your house. As opposite to a dehumidifier, this device adds more moisture in the air, so that you can alleviate your asthma problems and improve the appearance of your hair and skin. Install a humidifier in your bedroom or get a compact and portable humidifier so that you can always have it around.
Applying lash extensions is the easiest and fastest way to achieve long and curved eyelashes, but how beneficial is this method to your natural lashes? With each application of false lashes, your natural ones are damaged and it will eventually result in losing them. Therefore, although it might seem tempting to resort to the long and voluptuous false lashes, it’s best that you try to enhance your lashes naturally. You can buy a top selling eyelash growth serum or you can make your own lash enhancing serum.
- Castor oil is the most effective ingredient known to encourage the growth of natural lashes. It has been used in making many top selling eyelash growth serum products that promote the growth of new lashes and prevent weak lashes from falling. You can find castor oil in natural products stores and all you have to do is apply it o the roots of your natural lashes every night before going to bed. Within a few weeks, you will start seeing results in stronger and longer natural lashes.
- Almond oil also works in making your lashes grow bigger naturally due to its nourishing properties that help the hair grow stronger. For the best effects, heat some almond oil in a spoon and apply it to a cotton disc that you put over your eyes. Let the discs sit for a few minutes so the almond oil will penetrate the lashes’ roots. Although not as fast in results as the castor oil, almond oil is a natural lash enhancer that is worth the effort. For the ultimate efficiency, you can make a lash growth serum using the two types of oil and apply the serum using a clean mascara wand so it will reach deep into the roots of your lashes.
- Aloe vera gel is a miraculous ingredient with high efficiency in nourishing your lashes and making them stronger, longer, and thicker. Its healing properties allow it to penetrate the structure of the hair and make it stronger from the inside. The many vitamins it contains help the lashes become less fragile and less prone to falling if you apply aloe vera gel regularly on the base of your lashes.
- Vitamins are beneficial to your lashes as they encourage them to grow thicker and stronger. In case your body doesn’t have the necessary amounts of vitamins to support the growth of your lashes, you can find in pharmacies vitamin A and E ampules that you can apply to the roots of your lashes. Make sure not to get them in your eyes and massage the roots so the vitamins will get inside them. Add the vitamins to the lash growth serum made of castor and almond oil for the best results.
Certain creams and treatments that you see on the market claim to have the ability to completely remove skin tags without leaving scars or spots on your skin. However, it’s sometimes difficult to tell the good skin tag treatments from the bad ones. Our advice would be to read many reviews and look for customer feedback. To make things easier for you, we’ve put together a list of the most popular and efficient treatments for skin tags, so keep reading.
Apothecary Australian tea tree oil
If you are looking for a natural skin tag removel treatment that contains 100% natural ingredients, we have the perfect choice for you. The Apothecary Australian tea tree oil contains only natural ingredients, so if you have a sensitive skin you won;t have to deal with adverse side effects. Apply this treatment to your skin tags every day until your skin tags die and fall of by themselves.
Amolis Natural Healing Oil
We like the Amolis Natural Healing Oil because it’s very gentle on your skin. It doesn’t cause any scarring or pain when used to remove skin tags. Because it is made with an all-natural herbal formula you can remove your skin tag problem directly from the root without leaving scars. Apply this solution to your skin tags on a daily basis and stop using it when the results are visible.
What makes the TagBand great for treating those unpleasantly looking skin tags is the fact that it can make skin tags go away in just a couple of days or at least a weak, depending on the gravity of the problem. The tag removal process is extremely easy with the TagBand, so don’t be afraid to try out this innovative method.
The Dermatend cream is capable of providing quick results, without causing some harmful effects on your skin. Because it is made with natural ingredients, it will not leave your skin itchy or irritated, so it’s the perfect choice for people with very sensitive skin. Furthermore, this particular product can also rid your skin of other imperfections such as moles, so you skin will look smooth and free of imperfections at the end of the day.
While the Tag Away skin tag removal treatment has received positive reviews, some customers state that it takes a lot of time to work, as compared to another brand, such as the TagBand which gets rid of skin tags in just a couple of days. Nonetheless, the Tag Away skin tag removal treatment contains natural ingredients so it will not harm your skin. When using this treatment, our solely advice would be to have some patience.
Your skin is your most valuable beauty asset and you must take good care of it if you want to keep it healthy and beautiful. Sensitive skin requires even more care, especially in the cold season when it’s affected by the low temperatures and the powerful wind. Here are some secrets that can help you protect your sensitive skin in the cold season.
You are certainly using a heating system at home to increase the air temperature but what you don’t know is that you shouldn’t expose your sensitive skin to very high temperatures because this way you will completely dry it. Keep the inside temperatures to a maximum 78 degrees Fahrenheit if you want to preserve the natural hydration and oils of your skin. Avoid keeping your hands, feet, and face in front of the fireplace for too long to avoid making the skin feel itchy.
Most heating systems dry the air by lowering its humidity level. This seriously affects your skin because it can no longer get humidity from the air which leads to dry, cracked, and sensitive skin. In order to restore your skin’s moisture, you must add moisture to the air and the best way to do that is to use an air humidifier. This device releases either cold or warm water vapors into the air so you will feel more comfortable during the cold season.
Protect from sun
Although it’s not as hot as in summer, the winter sun can also damage your skin when you go out, so make sure you use a solar protection factor cream when you leave home. It’s true that the factor can be lower than in summer and even a 5 SPF cream will work. Apply the cream on your face, your hands, and neck as these are the ones that get exposed in winter.
Protect from wind
The wind in winter is your skin’s worst enemy because it dries and hurts it every time you go out. This is why you should always wear gloves in winter especially if you have sensitive hand skin and you must protect your face with a soft scarf.
Moisturizing your skin is an essential beauty secret that makes sure your skin stays healthy and beautiful during the cold season. You may be tempted to think that your skin doesn’t need as much moisturizing as in summer but, in fact, you should apply a body lotion to your skin every day, especially after you shower. This way, you will restore the hydration your skin loses because of the cold.
Getting a man a gift is not very easy since the options are quite limited. But if the man in cause is a stylish person who is passionate about fashion and loves to always look like taken out of the box, you can always resort to stylish and fashionable gift ideas. We made a selection of the best ones you can choose for a modern man.
- A classy man will always appreciate a pair of elegant cuff links that will beautify their office outfit or will make them shine at a party. Choose a designer pair of cuff links like these gorgeous ones from Louis Vuitton, and impress your fashionable man.
- The aviator glasses have been in style for many years now and they seem to stay in style for many years to come, so a pair of these stylish glasses will make an excellent choice for a fashionable gift. The most popular ones are the Ray Bans and you can’t fail with a classic version with mirror lens.
- Suit pajamas seem to become a favorite garment for men who like to look good at all times, even when they go to bed. Made of the finest silk, these pajamas are similar to the elegant suits men wear at work and offer them a glamorous aspect even when they are at home.
- For the man who prefers a more casual outfit, a quality cashmere hoodie like this one from Bergano Gray is the perfect gift that will help him look stylish. It’s soft, comfortable, extremely versatile, and the best part is that you can wear it too.
- If your man loves to take good care of his look, you can help him always look perfect if you buy him an electric shaver. You can learn about the best shavers of the moment from the electricshavers.reviews site which features a lot of helpful reviews. Or, if you don’t feel like doing the research, you can count on our recommendation. The Philips Norelco 6400 looks like a high-tech gadget and works like one. It can cut the beard to perfection leaving the skin soft and smooth for a very long time.
- Men scarves are practical, versatile, and can make a great gift for a fashionable man who likes to dress in style. The Burberry scarf is never out of style as it is reinvented with every season, so it will be the perfect gift for his birthday or for Christmas.
- Any man who knows something about fashion will appreciate a Fossil watch because it’s one of the most quality and stylish brands that offers a wide range of models. You can choose anything from office to casual to sports and your gift will surely be inspired.
Every woman wants to look thinner but for some seems to be impossible to lose weight, regardless their efforts. Luckily for them, fashion has its secret that not only beautifies a woman’s aspect but it also helps them mask several flaws including a few extra pounds. Here are the most effective fashion secrets that can help you look thinner in only minutes.
Wear remodeling underwear
From regular women to celebrities on the red carpet, many women resort to the help of shapewear, a stretchy type of clothing that thins the body while making your thighs, buttocks and breasts look firmer. The elastic fabrics keep your extra pounds under control, avoid bumps that would stick out from underneath tight clothes, and help you achieve a slimmer figure fast and easy.
Every woman knows that black can thin their figure due to its ability to create the illusion of a slimmer body. An all-black outfit can make you look slimmer, but other dark hues also work, The key is to avoid pale shades that add size to your body.
Wear high waists
Whether it’s a pair of jeans with a high waist or a pencil skirt you wear over your blouse, these clothes can help you look thinner. The secret is they lengthen your legs, thus adding you height that balances the width.
Wear clothes that fit you perfectly
If you believe that wearing large clothes that don’t follow your body curves will make you look thinner, you couldn’t be more wrong. Actually, a jacket that doesn’t match your shoulders or has very long sleeves can add you more pounds instead of taking, so you should never wear that. Also, avoid clothes that are too tight and highlight every layer of extra fat on your body. Instead, wear clothes that fit your body perfectly even if you are more voluptuous.
Wear vertical stripes
If horizontal stripes should be avoided by fluffy women because they tend to increase their body size, the vertical ones can have the exact opposite effect. A suit in vertical stripes can help you achieve an overall thinner figure while a skirt can minimize your lower body part. And considering that vertical stripes are back in fashion this season, you should invest in one garment that will visibly make you thinner.
Wear high heels
High heels make your legs look slimmer and longer so don’t hesitate to complete your outfit with a pair of high heel shoes with a sharp point. Avoid bulky square points that will make your legs look shorter.
Fashion is constantly changing, from clothes, shoes and hairstyle to makeup and accessories. That’s why it’s sometimes difficult to keep up with the latest trends in fashion. Here are some ideas that can help you stay fashionable and always look your best, regardless of the current fashion trend.
Choose to wear what suits you best
Fashion teaches you what to wear, but that does not mean you should follow the latest trends and do as the designers say. For example, low waist jeans have always been fashionable but they do not favor women with short legs. If something looks great on you, wear that item of clothing, but if you feel that it does not suit you, choose a different attire. Every season, you can see a lot of styles and designs on the podium and this enables you to find a lot of things that suits you.
Analyze your outfit
Think of your outfit down to the smallest detail. It is sad to see a girl wearing a pair of shoes in a totally different style than the outfit, and on top of that has and a matching bag that does not fit. It is best to have fewer items and accessories to match each other than many clothing items of different textures and different styles.
Try to mix and match colors in your outfits
The first thing that you notice at a person are the colors of the outfit, especially if combined properly. A combination of a lemon yellow jacket and a pair of orange pants will attract attention, but not in a good way. It is therefore very important to choose the right hues for your overall outfit. Most people who want to look more or less stylish and prefer wearing clothes in black or dark shades of gray and sometimes choose to add only one pop of color in their attire. But this method has some drawbacks. Dark-colored outfits can make you blend in with the rest of the people in a crowd, so if you want to stand out you can use other methods. If you are not a fan of colorful clothes, choose accessories that stand out, such as a statement necklace or a wide belt.
Dress appropriate for the place and time
If you’re a business woman, dress accordingly to your social position, if you know that your picture will appear in a magazine in which you are presented as a successful woman, then make sure to pay more attention when putting together an outfit.
Pay attention to accessories
Accessories can make your outfit stand out but sometimes it can totally ruin the image of the whole outfit. Pay attention to what you wear when choosing accessories! Rather than wearing a string of fake pearls or a bulky necklace that is made of a cheap quality material, it’s better to choose a fine necklace or a silk scarf. The same rule is valid for shoes. With the right shoes, a woman can conquer the world. Always wear quality shoes in which you feel comfortable.
Nowadays, most women spend a lot of money on makeup products in order to look absolutely amazing. A good makeup definitely requires quality products and great skills as well. There are some secrets that will help you obtain the desired result. Therefore, for some inspiration have a look at the following contouring secrets that will boost your makeup skills.
First of all, choose the right product for you
Nowadays, there are plenty of creams and powders that will offer you a great result. The only thing you need to do is to choose a product that comes in the right time for your skin. If you don’t find anything that suits you, then it is highly recommended that you go for a foundation that has two or three shades darker than what you normally use. Remember that a too light or a too dark light tone will look absolutely terrible in natural light. Choosing the right product for you is definitely one of the most important contouring secrets that will boost your makeup skills.
Identify your face shape for a perfect contouring
This is an important step that must be followed in order to obtain a wonderful result. The simplest way to find out what shape your face has is to smile. By smiling, your natural bone structure will be accentuated and you will be able to easily contour your face. For rectangular and oblong face shapes, you will need to start by contouring along the hairline, and down your chin in order to make your face rounder. This trick is fantastic and all makeup artists use it. Therefore, you should definitely try it. On the other hand, if you have a round or a heart-shaped face, then you will need to add some contouring powder along the cheekbones, and to the forehead as well. You should do the same below your chin as well, for a better result. Oval faces are the last category. Contouring them is very easy. You only need to contour below the cheekbones, starting from the corners of your mouth and ending to your ears.
The right brush is the main element
The main element for such a procedure is the brush. Even if you use quality makeup products, if you do not have the right brush, you will not obtain the desired result. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you go for an angled brush or for a straight one. In case you usually use a cream product, a flat brush that has synthetic bristles would be perfect for you due to the fact that the smoother texture will provide a better placement. On the other hand, a powder should always be paired with a brush that has natural bristles. An angled brush will definitely be the right choice for this sort of procedure.
Everyone makes a mistake when trying to put together a great outfit for a party or other event. It even happens to celebrities. Sometimes, you look in the mirror and think that you have an amazing outfit, when in fact the color choices or the outfit itself don’t fit you. If you want to avoid making a fool yourself when going out, do a little more research and learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others. Here are some of the worst celebrity fashion mistakes that you should totally avoid making.
Nicki Minaj has managed to be in the center of attention when wearing this scandalous outfit, but it wasn’t a good publicity stunt. Even if you look as cool as Nicki, it’s pretty hard to combine colorful tights, a Barbie tutu and high moon boots. Avoid combining too many patterns and different colors for your outfit or you’ll just end up being in the center of attention of everyone, but not in a good way.
When you’re a curvaceous woman like Christina Aguilera, you should most definitely try to embrace your curves and highlight your strongest features, but that doesn’t mean you should wear uncomfortable tight clothes to show off your curves. This short dress has an appealing design and it’s the perfect dress for a night out with your friends, but it looks way too tight and uncomfortable. Wear something that allows you to feel comfortable at all times.
Metallic dresses have always been in, since the 70’s era and they represent the perfect choices to wear at a party with you friends or at a club. However, when wearing a metallic dress, try to stick with one trend. If you combine the metallic patterns with feather sleeves like Fergie did, you will look like you’re trying too hard to stand out in a crowd. Just keep it simple and wear something that suits you.
Kesha is all about wild prints and metallic accessories, and a little leopard print can make you look classy and fashionable but don’t overdo it, otherwise it will look extremely tacky. Kesha has probably learned her lesson when wearing this long leopard dress; don’t make the same mistake as her.
We all like to feel comfortable while looking our best, it’s the best compromise after all, but when it comes to wearing a good pair of shoes at an exquisite party, it’s best to choose quality and style over comfort. Don’t make the fashion mistake that Vanessa Hudgens has made when she paired her stylish sandals with a pair of socks. It simply doesn’t work that way.